Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sanding.

Now I've been sanding this ring for a while. Of course I admit it was mostly my fault that I messed it up in the first place, but it's still annoying when I don't have all the equipment I'd have liked. I do find a bit of peace, I suppose, in working with this ring with my own two hands, a file, and of course, emery boards.

I have also learned the joy that is known as actual jewelry tools. If it was possible I'd be using the jewelry studio every single day. Also since they have lots of equipment I'd just die to be able to use properly. But I'm sure this ring will come out beautifully, even if it's frustrating me to no end.

Also I am thankful I've been able to go around and see which stores I can go to for basic supplies, I do think I'll be raiding a hardware store in time, as I've found that I much prefer tools that aren't quite as specialized as the ones I use now. I mean, if I won the lottery, I'd build my own jewelry studio, as well as all the supplies I'd ever need in my entire lifetime.

Also I've been thinking of an apprenticeship, there's programs all over, but actually learning from someone in my area is more appealing then anything else. Of course, there's the matter of actually finding a mentor in the area I live in, which is kind of lame.

Ah well, life continues as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment